We help to make owning your own piece of the world affordable. We offer two different financing options for every property that we sell.
We have an affiliate relationship with Lightstream – a division of SunTrust Bank. This is the easiest way to finance vacant land. The application process takes 5 minutes. Approval and rates depend on your credit profile. When financing through Lightstream, you own the property outright. IMPORTANT: click this link or the banner on this page to submit your free application.
Financing Through Hang Your Hat
We understand that everyone does not have perfect credit, so we are happy to offer owner financing for those who want another option. We do not check credit, but rather, we retain ownership of the property until your loan with us is paid off. Each property has a terms price that is different from the cash discount that we offer.
- Down Payment – This varies by property, but will generally need to be 20-50% of the property price. We do not finance larger properties with $0 down.
- Documentation Fee – We charge $199 to create and administer the contract for the loan. This amount is added to your down payment at the beginning of the loan.
- Term Length and Payment Amount – We can do term lengths from 3 to 10 years. Payment amounts will vary based on the length of the term. For us to offer owner financing, we generally need payments to be $200 a month or more. We are happy to run numbers to find the right term length and payment amount for you.
- Servicing – Loans are serviced through automatic withdrawals from a checking or savings account via a servicing partner. You must have a bank account. We do not accept checks, money orders, or credit card payments. There are no exceptions.
- Servicing Fee – $20 per month to service the loan. This covers our cost for the servicing partner and bank transfer fees.
- Property Taxes – The buyer is responsible for the property taxes. We collect the taxes through our servicing partner. Depending on the property, we will either add 1/12 of the taxes to each payment or invoice your account when taxes are due.
PLEASE NOTE: We retain title to the property with owner financing. Defaulting on payments gives us the legal right to repossess the property according to the laws of the property state. If this happens, you will lose all of the equity in the land. Refunds are not offered. Please be sure that you are able to afford the payments that you commit to.